EMAIL MARKETING ASSISTANT
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking an individual to join our team as a volunteer Email Marketing Specialist. In this role, you will develop and execute effective email marketing campaigns to engage and inspire our target audience. This position is ideal for individuals who are interested in digital marketing, want to develop or hone practical experience, and make a positive difference elevating the health and wellness of military spouses. This position will work directly with the Storytelling & Marketing Chair.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop email marketing strategies that align with organizational goals and objectives.
- Create and implement compelling email marketing campaigns to engage our target audience and drive desired actions.
- Write persuasive and engaging email copy that effectively communicates our organization’s mission, programs, and initiatives.
- Design visually appealing templates that are consistent with our brand guidelines.
- Conduct A/B testing and analyze email campaign performance metrics to optimize engagement and conversion rates.
- Monitor and manage email deliverability, open rates, click-through rates, and other key performance indicators.
- Collaborate with other team members to integrate email marketing efforts with other marketing channels for a cohesive and coordinated approach.
- Provide regular reports on email campaign performance and make recommendations for improvements.
TIME REQUIRED: 10-20 hours per month
QUALIFICATIONS & SPECIAL SKILLS:
Skills should include, but are not limited to:
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to craft compelling and persuasive email copy.
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms and tools (e.g., Mailchimp, Mailerlite, Constant Contact, HubSpot, etc.).
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and derive actionable insights.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a virtual team environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Availability to dedicate a certain number of hours per week/month to fulfill the responsibilities of the role.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
Additional Bonus Skills, a plus:
- Experience working with remote teams
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS for email template customization is a plus.
- Familiarity with some of the following or similar software: Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, iWorks, Asana, Slack, Canva, SoundCloud, Squarespace