InDependent Run A Race Challenge
Lace up your shoes — it’s time to get your sweat on!
This summer, InDependent is challenging military spouses stationed all over the world to run a race this September. That’s #IDRunARace for all of you social media savvy folks. [connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter]
Part of the InDependent mission is to encourage movement. So why not do it together?
1. You pick the race that you want to run/walk in September. Look at the the map here to find a race being run by your local InDependent community group.
2. Commit by registering for your race today (see each group’s event page for details).
4. Join one of InDependent’s private community groups for a social and training support system.
Grab your military spouse friends and join us. Below is a map of local InDependent community groups participating. Just click the race near you and join your local InDependent training group.
If you don’t see one in your area, join the virtual group here.* (In order to maintain security, we verify all requests to join. Please be sure to check your "Others" message folder in Facebook when you request to join a community group)
* For those in the InDependent | Virtual group, please pick any race you’d like to participate in, anywhere in the world. If you want to travel, consider joining the core InDependent team at the Virginia Beach Rock N’ Roll Half-Marathon / 5K. We’re turning this into a big InDependent weekend extravaganza — think food, drink, music, and beach. It’s all part of Virginia Beach’s All-American Music Fest. More information will be available in our private InDependent | Virtual group. Did we spark your interest? Join the InDependent | Virtual group and the event to learn more! (In order to maintain security, we verify all requests to join. Please be sure to check your "Others" message folder in Facebook when you request to join a community group)
We’re using Charity Miles and Facebook to support each other (July 1 - September 30).
• Charity Miles: The participant who tracks the most miles using the Charity Miles app will win an Asics® Performance Running Shoes gift card courtesy of U.S. Olympian Deena Kastor. Must be part of the InDependent team to qualify. Download the iPhone or Android app.
• Facebook: InDependent Community Ambassadors will share resources and spark discussions within our private groups. Participants will be encouraged to share tips, ask questions, post inspiration, and cheer for each other. And, of course, there will be fun giveaways leading up to each race! Join one of the groups using the map above.
Let’s do this! Ready. Set. Go.