No-Fuss Spring Rolls
This easy snack or lunch idea is perfect for people who want to eat healthfully without spending a lot of time in the kitchen. These spring rolls are packed with fresh vegetables and protein. They are best when eaten fresh, but can be pre-made and stored in the refrigerator for up to two days.
What You’ll Need:
- Bacon (substitute tofu, seitan, or beans for a vegetarian option)
- Romaine lettuce
- Red bell pepper
- Rice paper wrappers
- Cutting board and knife
- Large shallow pan filled with warm water
- Flat surface
Prep your ingredients in bulk. Assemble right away or refrigerate in airtight containers for easy assembly throughout the week.
Makes approximately 8 rolls
- Pre-make one package of bacon, or vegetarian option.
- Slice one avocado (wait to slice until ready to use to avoid browning).
- Chop two heads of romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel and shred three carrots.
- Seed and cut one red bell pepper into strips
- Dip one sheet of rice paper into pan filled with warm water and count to 10.
- Remove rice paper and place on flat surface.
- Place ingredients in the middle like you would assemble a taco.
- Wrap the top of the rice paper over and then fold in the sides. Fold up the bottom to seal. If the paper tears, wrap it up in a second layer of rice paper.
- Set aside and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Eat in the morning as a pre- or post- workout snack.
- Substitute for a sandwich.
- Seal pre-made rolls in a storage bag and send with your service member for lunch (Note: Pack them in a mini cooler to keep them fresh. Toss in a few other goodies like fruit and water).
- Serve as bite-sized appetizers before a meal.
- Pack a cooler for a PCS road trip snack.
What are some of your favorite fillings for spring rolls?