Finding Peace Through Simple Pleasures
In today’s busy world we often feel like we’re being pulled in 10 million different directions. When the world feels likes it is spinning out of control and we know there is no way to stop it, we can simply try to adjust our surroundings by stopping the glorification of busy.
Many times we can cure the world spinning out of control feeling just by letting ourselves enjoy the simple pleasures in life. Every individual has different simple pleasures that they love. To consistently add a little bit of peace to everyday life, I think it is necessary to think about what simple pleasures you enjoy and then try to do one at least once a day.
My simple pleasures are:
- Singing to pop songs on my commute home as loud as I can.
- Laugh at myself.
- Play with my 13-year old puppy, Maggie May.
- Run my fingers through my husband’s hair.
- Being silly during my InDependent photo shoots.
- Eating something chocolaty.
If you’re having a hard time coming up with a list of your own, here are five to get you started:
- A morning cuddle with your spouse.
- A beautiful sunrise or sunset.
- A small gesture of support.
- A handwritten letter or card.
- A family walk outside.
Recently we asked InDependent readers what their simple pleasures in life were and we loved every one of your answers. Thank you for sharing!
An impromptu picnic at the park in the sunshine.–Ann
Painting pictures with the kids.–Joy
My sweet baby’s 1st birthday party! Where did the time go? –Tammy
Motorcycle ride with the husband through the mountains and orange groves taking in the beautiful smell! –Traveling Navy Wife
Please share your simple pleasures in the comments below.