Black Friday Survival Guide
You and your family or friends are loaded in the car at the break of dawn, driving down the road and converging upon others just like you. Your mind is set and ready for the battle that is… BLACK FRIDAY.
Just like our spouses have prepared for battle you have to get ready for the Black Friday shopping frenzy by following these simple steps:
STEP 1: Prepare Your Gear
- Comfortable clothes are a must when you are shopping. Make sure the clothes you wear will allow you to easily try on clothes throughout the day.
- You will be on your feet all day or for long periods of time, so make sure your feet are taken care of and that you are in some comfortable kicks that easily slip on and off.
- Having a good purse or a secure place for your cash is crucial. Make sure it is functional and easy to use so you can get in and out of shops quickly.
- Remember to pack healthy snacks for those times that you are rushing to get to a good deal or for when you are standing in a long line waiting to check out. Nothing derails a mission faster than an empty stomach.
STEP 2: Plan of Attack
- Make a list of the items you are looking to purchase during Black Friday. Wandering around aimlessly could waste a lot of your time and energy.
- Know where you want to go to help reduce stress in searching for a store that moved to a new location or that is having a great deal on something you want to buy.
- Grab a paper or search online for coupons that match the list you made. This will not only help you in planning your attack, but it can save you money.
STEP 3: Review and Assess the Completion of the Mission
- After you return from the battlefield check to make sure you got what you needed for the holidays (i.e. gift wrap, presents, and decorations).
- Spend time with those who were in the trenches with you by having a show-and-tell or by stretching out those tired legs.
- Take care of your body that brought you back home by elevating, pampering, or resting your legs. They need the gift of giving them some time off.
STEP 4: The Most Important Step
- Have fun with your family and friends. The holiday season is centered around that core concept.